vendredi 5 octobre 2007

je suis en train de devenir vraiment francaise!

LA CARTE DE SEJOUR...oh man, this is one of the most important things anyone from outside the EU needs to take care of, because without the carte, we cannot apply for CAF. and clearly receiving money back on housing is one of the most attractive things in the world, so yah, that needs to happen toute de suite. I had received a convocation for yesterday at 15h30, so I went, looking all professional-like, with my binder of documents and more photocopies than you could count on both hands, bracing myself for the typical long wait, disorganization and confusion. But I'm finding that Valence is full of pleasant surprises: I was in and out in under 30 minutes, assured that after I went to the doctor, I could just mail in that form, and told that I could mail in some documents I was missing. Since we've all been overwhelmed with conflicting advice, I had figured that taking my rental contract would suffice as my proof of logement, particularly since I dont have any bills here in my name. But no, I need a copy of a bill from the Payrichou family, as well as a letter from them saying that I'm paying them rent...or something like that.Whatever, I have a month to mail that in...But yah! I have my interim residency card and my working permit! I'm, like, legal! Awesome!


Aucun commentaire: